Accountancy and Tax Tutors
We are looking for Faculty Tutors to join our teaching team. You'll need to be a qualified accounting and/or tax professional who can demonstrate a natural ability to inspire and support people. No classroom experience is necessary as we will provide training in how to teach through our Tutor Academy.
By providing an outstanding classroom and/or live online experience to our learners, you’ll inspire them to succeed and achieve excellent learning and assessment outcomes. You’ll continuously build your knowledge, skills and capabilities, as well as contributing to building those of your colleagues, whilst also help us continuously improve our product and service delivery.
To hear some of our tutors talking about why they love teaching for Kaplan, click here
Knowledge, preparation, quality and development
- Maintain up-to-date technical and product knowledge
- Plan and prepare effectively for your courses, ensuring confidence with all relevant Kaplan study materials
- Attend relevant face-to-face and online training and development courses
- Develop a teaching subject portfolio which meets the needs of the business (this will involve picking up new subjects/ papers from time to time)
- Assist in the technical training and development of new tutors/ tutors picking up new subjects by sharing your technical and delivery expertise
- Contribute to the preparation for, and participate in, Ofsted and other inspections/audits as required, including completion of Self-assessment reports.
- Undergo teaching observations by Kaplan staff as well as third party observers (e.g. Ofsted, QAA, OFS, Client Firms) from time to time
- Completion of Level 5 teaching qualification within your first 18 months of employment
- Comply with our Safeguarding and Prevent policies and procedures
- Deliver courses in accordance with product guidelines (e.g. timetables, breaks, session lengths, content, materials used) and to the required standards
- Utilise the latest classroom technologies for face-to-face and online courses
- Build up an effective rapport with learners
- Request and ensure we capture learner feedback via our online surveys, and meet the specified feedback KPIs
- Respond to queries and provide support to learners, ensuring availability and access at appropriate times
- Ensure that learners have access to the correct study materials, liaising with the Student Experience team where necessary
- Provide additional content tailored to the needs of your classes e.g. question debriefs and topic tutorials shared via MyKaplan
- Take ownership for all aspects of course delivery, liaising with other functions as required to ensure customer expectations are met
- Work with the Student Experience team to deliver an outstanding experience to learners while in the teaching location
- Make a reasonable contribution to team activities such as improvement projects
- For apprentices, address the skills and behaviours required alongside the technical knowledge
- Contribute to the online course level community boards and discussion forums delivered within MyKaplan
- Guide and motivate learners to help them achieve excellent learning and exam outcomes
- Ensure learners are aware of access to the Academic Support service as required
- Be proactive in monitoring the performance of learners and informing Client Services / Talent Coaches of any concerns where appropriate
- Prepare reports on learner performance when required
- Assist with Academic Support activities when required
- Marking of learner scripts when required
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and other internal meetings as required
- Cooperate with the team to resolve teaching gaps and provide sickness cover
- Ensure timely submission of daily class register to the Student Experience team (by the lunchtime break) and report subsequent absentees
- Provide, via the established channels, constructive course and product feedback with regards to the content and materials being delivered
- Contribute to faculty bench work for other departments if and when required
- Promote Kaplan’s products and initiatives (e.g refer a friend) to students
- Pass on any potential business development leads to the Client Solutions team
- Occasional engagement/involvement with local accountancy body committees
- Possible occasional representation of Kaplan at events such as student district society meetings, annual institute member dinner, awards events, student society dinner, chamber of commerce events, schools careers events
- Support other business development initiatives and activities as required (e.g. tender proposals, client meetings)
You’ll also carry out other duties, within the broad scope and spirit of your role, as requested by your manager. Our business continuously evolves, so your role will too.
What you’ll bring to the role
You won’t need prior teaching experience because our Tutor Academy will help you become an inspirational educator, but you will need to bring:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (exam-qualified is sufficient for some qualifications)
- Ability to communicate and present with confidence, clarity and purpose
- Focus on quality and learner outcomes
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm
- Team playing skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust
- Flexible approach which adapts to changes in circumstances
What we do
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of apprenticeships, accountancy and tax, finance & banking courses, and professional assessments. For almost 80 years, we've helped shape the development and careers of finance professionals.
We are part of the Kaplan group, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education and assessment providers. We operate in over 30 countries and maintain relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 school districts, colleges and universities, professional bodies and over 10,000 businesses. Our vast breadth and scope in terms of both capabilities and assets sets us apart.
What we believe in
Our goal is for Kaplan to be a great place to work where everybody can succeed, so we truly live and breathe our values: act with integrity, grow knowledge, empower & support, create opportunity, drive results together.
Kaplan is a global organisation whose mission is rooted in providing equal access to education and opportunities for advancement to people of all backgrounds. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion - of culture, experiences, perspectives - are paramount to creating success and opportunity in an ever-changing world. As an educator, partner and employer, Kaplan is committed to promoting an equitable world in which diverse talent can develop, advance and thrive. This includes making sure people with disabilities are given the opportunity to bring their best. So, if you require any adjustments, or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help.
What we offer
As well as a competitive salary, transparent pay structures, hybrid/home working where possible, and paths for career progression, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 28 days annual leave + option to purchase more
- Season ticket loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- Private medical, income protection, and life insurance
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay, well above statutory levels, subject to eligibility
How to apply
Please apply with CV and cover letter.
We are temporarily not accepting applications from candidates who require sponsorship.
Safeguarding children and young people
Kaplan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and recruitment checks will be undertaken for successful applicants in accordance with our background checking policy.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure (including children's barred list) via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/or satisfactory Disclosure Scotland (DS) check to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people. In addition to the DBS or DS check, for roles that include teaching or coaching, a prohibition from Teaching Check will be completed through the Teaching Regulation Agency. Our suitability of Ex-offenders' policy is available on the careers page of our website www.kaplan.co.uk.
To meet contractual obligations Kaplan asks successful applicants to complete a BPSS check. Our provider Secure Screening Services will undertake the above check on our behalf. Our privacy notice for candidates is available on the policies page of our website www.kaplan.co.uk.
Please be aware that it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.