SQE Welsh Translator
We are looking for a Welsh Translator to join our SQE Team on a full-time basis
You’ll help us to deliver world-leading assessments by ensuring the accurate translation of exam content into the medium of Welsh.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Welsh Translator who is looking to expand their skills and build their career with an industry leader.
A detailed English version of the job description can be viewed here
A detailed Welsh version of the job description can be viewed here
- Fluency and proficiency in the Welsh language (See Appendix I in job description) including a formal Welsh language qualification
- Professional experience of written translation
- Experience of legal work/translation
- Experience of using computer-assisted translation tools
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Experience of managing exam question banks (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, and as part of a team
- Ability to manage a work programme and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Ability to efficiently identify and mitigate risks
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Willingness to be flexible and work within the business required hours.
- Text translation membership of Cymdeithas Cyfieithwyr Cymru (the association of Welsh translators and interpreters) (basic membership essential, full membership desirable)
What we do
Kaplan is a provider of world-leading professional assessments. In 2018, we were appointed as the independent assessment organisation for the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE), which we then launched in 2021. This exam is now the sole route to qualifying as a Solicitor of England and Wales and will ultimately be taken by upwards of 13,000 candidates per year.
We are part of the Kaplan group, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education and assessment providers. We operate in over 30 countries and maintain relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 school districts, colleges and universities, professional bodies and over 10,000 businesses. Our vast breadth and scope in terms of both capabilities and assets sets us apart.
What we believe in
Kaplan is a global organisation whose mission is rooted in providing equal access to education and opportunities for advancement to people of all backgrounds. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion - of culture, experiences, perspectives - are paramount to creating success and opportunity in an ever-changing world. As an educator, partner and employer, Kaplan is committed to promoting an equitable world in which diverse talent can develop, advance and thrive.
This includes making sure people with disabilities are given the opportunity to bring their best. So, if you require any adjustments, or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help.
To view our candidate privacy notice click here.
We live, breathe and celebrate our values - they drive what we believe in, how we behave and guide us in creating a culture of success.
- Act with integrity
- Empower and support
- Create opportunity
- Grow knowledge
- Drive results together
What we offer
As well as a competitive salary, transparent pay structures, hybrid/home working where possible, and paths for career progression, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 28 days annual leave + option to purchase more
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- Private medical, income protection, and life insurance
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
How to apply
Please apply with CV and cover letter; detailing how you meet the requirements set out in the job description.
Please note, the vacancy will be closed when we have received a suitable volume of applications. We would encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.